Summer work out in the tank farm continues. Last week we drained and began reorganizing Tank 2. The first objects we focused on were pieces of diamond plate cast iron flooring, which we believe came from the engine room. We spent part of an afternoon seeing how many of these pieces would have originally fit together. If we could determine this now, reassembly once conservation is complete will be much easier. We discovered we have nearly three full sections of diamond plate flooring that we will be able to reassemble.
Check back to the blog soon as we will have more updates as the summer progresses. Happy Independence Day!