Mr Douglas Smith
As a service to our military community, The Mariners' Museum provides both gallery and banquet space to host daytime military retirement, commissioning, and re-enlistment ceremonies at a special discounted rate.
Spaces include our Front Lawn, Main Lobby, Defending the Seas Gallery, The Huntington and Anna Rooms, and the South Courtyard. Learn More
Ceremonies in the Main Lobby and Huntiongton Room make perfect locations for relatively small re-enlistment ceremonies. We allow all guests to tour the Museum at no additional charge following the ceremony. The special events staff would love to work with you to make your ceremony a memorable event.
Ceremonies in the Huntington & Anna Rooms include:
- Rehearsal time scheduled prior to the event day
- Up to 300 chairs, a variety of tables, and two podiums
- Two flags: American and State of Virginia
- Two red carpet runners
- Reception space in The Anna Room
- Wireless and wired microphone
- CD/DVD player
- Tape Player
- Ceiling mounted screen and projector
- Laptop hook-up for presentations
- Ipod connection
Special Daytime Rental Rates
We offer special daytime rental rates and flexible scheduling to our service members looking to plan their ceremony at The Mariners’ Museum. Our staff will go out of our way to accommodate your needs. Talk to the Special Events Department for more details.