Mr Victor V Kidd
Sponsorship for Exhibitions and Programs
The Mariners' Museum sponsors, patrons and supporters play a vital role in the continuing development of the museum and its diverse exhibitions and programs.
Many companies, organizations and individuals take the opportunity to raise their image and the public's perception of them by supporting The Museum with cash donations, goods or services. Many different types of companies have made imaginative connections with The Mariners' Museum. Many partner in specific projects—such as exhibitions or programs and special events—that fit their corporate image and marketing communications objectives.
Sponsorships range from $1,000 upward, depending on the program or exhibit. Benefits can be tailored to an individual or company's needs and capacity.
Benefits to Sponsors
The Mariners' Museum venue spaces are great locations for corporate entertaining, and are an important aspect of our sponsor benefits package, which can include:
- Partnership with a nationally respected museum with a solid reputation for outstanding collections and programs
- A springboard for marketing and public relations exposure
- Opportunities for networking with other sponsors
- Opportunities to reach target markets through joint promotions
- Use of The Museum venues including the Main Lobby, Huntington and Anna Rooms, Courtyard and other exhibit areas
- Recognition in the Museum's annual report and on special recognition board at the museum
- Quarterly newsletter/calendar of events
- Invitations for company officials to the President's Receptions and other VIP special events
- Free admission passes
- All company employees invited free of charge to the Museum's Corporate Appreciation Day held annually.
Sponsors have helped fund:
- Temporary and permanent exhibitions
- Public programs and conferences
- Conservation of artifacts and archival materials in the collection
- Acquisition of products or services
Current Sponsorship include:
- Maritime Lecture Series, Music Series and Maritime Moments
- Battle of Hampton Roads Weekend
- Antique and Classic Boat Show and Rendezvous
- Festival in the Park and 10K Run on the Noland Trail
- Guide to Children's Summer Activities
- Students and Teachers' Educational Programming
For more information, call the Development Office at (757) 591-7702 or e-mail development@MarinersMuseum.org.
Mr Victor V Kidd
Museum news & events sent
to your inbox!