Mr Larry Geesaman
Support the Library
BECOME A FRIEND OF THE LIBRARY
Your gift will help us:
- Conserve, enhance and promote access to an extraordinary collection of print and manuscript materials dating from the 15th century
- Research new audiences and increase audience use and satisfaction of Library services
- Pursue the highest quality of scholarship
- Attract and retaing a knowledgeable & dedicated staff
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
The Mariners' Museum Library at Christopher Newport University has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available. Join a team of dedicated individuals who take pride in contributing to the management, preservation, and promotion of one of the richest maritime history collections in the world.
Give us as little as a few hours of your time, or up to several days a week. For most projects, volunteering takes place during the business hours of the Library, Monday through Friday, 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Transcription of letters and other manuscripts
- Assisting with Chris-Craft research
- Cataloging of ships' logbooks and diaries
- Processing and cataloging special collections
- Conducting a survey of vessel plans
- Greeting visitors, answering phone inquiries, etc.
- Shelving books, filing photographs, and printed material
- Data entry and performing other clerical tasks
- Copying, sorting, filing, and indexing newspaper articles
To Become a Volunteer
- Fill out a Volunteer Application Form