The Mariners’ Society
Help us to Chart a Course for Success
Become a part of The Mariners’ Society today
The Mariners’ Society donors delight in all of the benefits of membership and receive exclusive invitations to VIP events, private exhibition previews, Gallery Talks, and behind-the-scenes tours of our collections. Celebrate the Museum at the annual Mariners’ Society Champagne Breakfast and share in a lovely Garden Party at the home of the President, along with other special opportunities enjoyed by The Mariners’ Society.
Donors who join The Mariners’ Society are leaders in shaping The Mariners’ Museum and Park’s future by providing an important source of annual unrestricted contributions.
Generous tax-deductible gifts enable The Mariners’ Museum and Park to achieve great things, including:
- The preservation and conservation of artifacts, artworks, and Library and archival materials, including that of the most comprehensive Maritime Library in the Western Hemisphere.
- The creation of exceptional exhibitions and extraordinary programs, including lectures and workshops featuring national and international presenters.
- The expansion of education and outreach efforts serving school children in kindergarten through grade 12, which provide hands-on learning opportunities and 21st-century work skills so that kids gain increased knowledge about science; technology; language arts; and regional, national, and international history.
- Stewardship of 550 acres of the Park and five-mile Noland Trail.
- One of the greatest benefits of giving at The Mariners’ Society Level is knowing that your generosity promotes an increased understanding of our seafaring past and the vibrant interconnectivity of our waterways, diverse peoples, and technological advancements essential to building a sustainable future.
Donors to The Mariners’ Society enjoy the sense of gratification that comes from helping The Mariners’ Museum and Park become an even stronger and more vibrant institution. Your leadership will inspire others to be a part of The Mariners’ Museum and continue to support its mission to connect visitors with the world’s waterways through exploration and engaging experiences.
- Receive a copy of The Mariners’ Museum Official Commemorative Guide
- Recognition on the Museum annual Donor Wall
- 20% discount at Museum Gift Shop and Café
- Subscription to our Members’ newsletter Ahoy!
- Reciprocal admission to 80 Maritime Museums nation-wide for two adults
- Advance notice of exhibit openings and Museum programs and events
- Discounts on select educational programs and events, photographic reproductions and library research
- Invitations to President’s Receptions
- Invitation to an annual Mariners’ Society Champagne Breakfast with the Museum’s President and Board Chair: learn about recent acquisitions, new exhibitions, and plans for the future
- Invitation to special preview events and Gallery Talks for featured exhibitions
- Invitation for two to an annual Garden Party at the home of the Museum President
- Six General Admission guest passes
(At the Ferguson Level, $205 of your contribution is not eligible for tax deduction)
$2,500 – $4,999
All of the benefits of the Ferguson Level (above), plus:
- Invitations to exclusive events at the home of private collectors, key patrons and cultural institutions
- Priority reservations for Museum travel program led by the Museum’s Principal Officers and Curators
- Complimentary admission to select workshops, classes, public programs and special events
- Eight General Admission guest passes
(At the Huntington Level, $233 of your contribution is not eligible for tax deduction)
$5,000 – $9,999
All of the benefits of the Huntington Level (above), plus:
- Use of the Museum conference facilities for special meetings at no cost-with advance notice and based on availability; catering not included
- Private, behind the scenes tour of Museum collections and special exhibitions for you and up to 10 guests with advance notice and based on availability
- Invitation for two to join the Board Chair at a special event featuring a distinguished guest speaker
- Ten General Admission guest passes
(At the Lancaster Eagle Level, $261 of your contribution is not eligible for tax deduction)
$10,000 – $24,999
All of the benefits of the Lancaster Eagle Level (above), plus:
- Exclusive name recognition available for select exhibit, event and program sponsorship.
- Twelve General Admission guest passes
(At the Leifr Eiriksson Level, $289 of your contribution is not eligible for tax deduction)
$25,000 – $49,999
All of the benefits of the Leifr Eiriksson Level (above), plus:
- Concierge service via an appointed Museum staff contact
- Fourteen General Admission guest passes
(At the Compass Level, $317 of your contribution is not eligible for tax deduction)
All of the benefits of the Compass Level (above), plus:
- Private dinner at the home of the Museum president for you and 10 guests
- Benefits tailored to me your interests
- Unlimited General Admission guest passes
(At the North Star Compass Level, $401 of your contribution is not eligible for tax deduction)
For more information and to join The Mariners’ Society please call Kimberly Sherlaw, Director of Individual Giving, at (757) 591-7738 or email ksherlaw@MarinersMuseum.org.