The Mariners’ Society
Help us to Chart a Course for Success
Become a part of The Mariners’ Society today
The Mariners’ Society donors delight in all of the benefits of membership and receive exclusive invitations to VIP events, private exhibition previews, Gallery Talks, and behind-the-scenes tours of our collections. Celebrate the Museum at the annual Mariners’ Society Champagne Breakfast and share in a lovely Garden Party at the home of the President, along with other special opportunities enjoyed by The Mariners’ Society.
Donors who join The Mariners’ Society are leaders in shaping The Mariners’ Museum and Park’s future by providing an important source of annual unrestricted contributions.
Generous tax-deductible gifts enable The Mariners’ Museum and Park to achieve great things, including:
- The preservation and conservation of artifacts, artworks, and Library and archival materials, including that of the most comprehensive Maritime Library in the Western Hemisphere.
- The creation of exceptional exhibitions and extraordinary programs, including lectures and workshops featuring national and international presenters.
- The expansion of education and outreach efforts serving school children in kindergarten through grade 12, which provide hands-on learning opportunities and 21st-century work skills so that kids gain increased knowledge about science; technology; language arts; and regional, national, and international history.
- Stewardship of 550 acres of the Park and five-mile Noland Trail.
- One of the greatest benefits of giving at The Mariners’ Society Level is knowing that your generosity promotes an increased understanding of our seafaring past and the vibrant interconnectivity of our waterways, diverse peoples, and technological advancements essential to building a sustainable future.
Donors to The Mariners’ Society enjoy the sense of gratification that comes from helping The Mariners’ Museum and Park become an even stronger and more vibrant institution. Your leadership will inspire others to be a part of The Mariners’ Museum and continue to support its mission to connect visitors with the world’s waterways through exploration and engaging experiences.
- Receive a copy of The Mariners’ Museum Official Commemorative Guide
- Free admission to the Museum, for you and your guests- contact Development Office to schedule larger groups
- Recognition on the Museum’s annual Donor Wall and Donor List
- 15% discount at Museum Shop and Cafe
- Subscription to our newsletter Ahoy!
- Reciprocal admission to 80 Maritime Museums nation-wide for two adults
- Advance notice of exhibit openings and Museum programs and events
- Discounts on select educational programs and events, photographic reproductions and library research
- Free admission to Museum lecture series
- Invitation to President’s Receptions
- Invitation to an annual Mariners’ Society breakfast with the Museum’s President and Board Chair; learn about recent acquisitions, new exhibitions, and plans for the future
- Invitation to special preview events with curators and/or guest speakers for featured exhibitions
- Private, curator led tour of Museum collections for you and up to 10 guests
(At the Ferguson Level, goods and services received are valued at $35)
$2,500 – $4,999
All of the benefits of the Ferguson Level, plus:
- Opportunity to use of the Museum conference facilities for special meetings at no cost-with advanced notice and based on availability; catering not included
(At the Huntington Level, goods and services received are valued at $35)
$5,000 – $9,999
All of the benefits of the Huntington Level, plus:
- Invitations to dinners at the President’s residence with President Howard H. Hoege III
(At the Lancaster Eagle Level, goods and services received are valued at $35)
$10,000 – $24,999
All of the benefits of the Lancaster Eagle Level, plus:
- Private briefings on important initiatives and Museum news from the President
(At the Leifr Eiriksson Level, goods and services received are valued at $35)
$25,000 – $49,999
All of the benefits of the Leifr Eiriksson Level, plus:
- Two VIP tickets to attend the annual Gallery Crawl, the Museum’s premier special event
(At the Compass Level, goods and services received are valued at $155)
All of the benefits of the Compass Level (above), plus:
- Unique opportunity to create a custom experience with The Mariners’ Museum and Park
(At the North Star Level, goods and services received are valued at $155)
For more information and to join The Mariners’ Society please call Kimberly Sherlaw, Senior Director of Donor Outreach and Stewardship, at (757) 591-7738 or email ksherlaw@MarinersMuseum.org.