After our charter was put into place in June of 1930, a lot of exciting plans were made for our property. As cultivation began on the park, lake, and dam (Lion’s Bridge), plans were also being drawn up for the proposed museum building.
The above image (dated February 27, 1931) shows the spot where the founders had originally intended for the main museum building to placed. It was a spot on Lake Maury overlooking Lion’s Bridge and the James River. Several plans and sketches were drawn up showing an impressive, rectangular building.