« All Events
March 5, 2016 @ 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
A food-tasting event of HISTORIC PROPORTIONS!
Top restaurants and caterers in Hampton Roads will compete in a food-tasting event of historic proportions.
|The contestants will prepare a selection of traditional 19th century dishes representing the North, the South and the Navy, preparing their best interpretations of dishes that may include:|
- Grandma’s Bean Soup
- Fried Salt Pork
- Yankee Pork and Beans
- Macaroni Pudding
- Sweet Potato biscuits with ham
- Pork- To Roast A Pig
- Clam Chowder
- Plum Cobbler
- Sliced Apple Pudding
- Apple Fritters
- Apple Custard
- and more!
Tasters will help award trophies, with awards being given in the following categories:
- Judges’ Choice: our celebrity judges will be joined by Abraham Lincoln himself!
- Ironclad Chefs’ Choice: Civil War food historians Wisteria Perry and Eric Jenneret will choose the most historically accurate dish
- Best Presentation: Also chosen by our celebrity judges
- Peoples’ Choice: 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be recognized, voted on by you!
|Advance (non-member/Museum Member)||$35/30|
|Day of Event||$45|
Tickets include unlimited tastings from all participants and one drink ticket. A cash bar will be available offering beer, wine, grog and other specialty drinks of the Civil War-era. Come hungry!
Buy Tickets Here!
Battle of Hampton Roads Weekend presented by