Indigo, prized for centuries due to its beautiful purple-blue color and its rarity, was often referred to as “blue gold.” Originally produced in India, this dye has been an important trading commodity among maritime cultures for centuries. In this workshop, we will learn the history, myth, and lore of indigo.
Register Online Here
- Indigo vats will be set up for dyeing, and guests will be able to bring their own items to dye.
- Included in the cost of the workshop are two cotton napkins for dyeing.
- Register early, as slots are sure to fill up quickly!
- This workshop is recommended for ages 14 and older.
- Tickets are $40; $25 for Members