Guided Park Tours
NEW! History of the Park and Trees Walk
Guided tours of The Mariners’ Park and Noland Trail
Come connect with us on a guided nature tour of The Mariners’ Park and the Noland Trail! This unique 1.5 hour walking tour features an in-depth narrative of trees and plants, a history of the 550-acre Park and breathtaking views of the 167-acre Mariners’ Lake. Use your complimentary binoculars to get an up-close view of plant and animal life along your route.
Where to meet?
Meet at the Museum’s Business entrance, where the guided walk begins.
Click here for a google link on directions to Business entrance.
The tour will take less than a third of a mile (approximately 30-40 minutes) along the Noland Trail. Weekday tours are conducted by our master naturalist, while weekend tours are conducted by our manager of the Park department.
Each group is limited to a maximum of 10 people, and COVID-19 safety guidelines will be followed including social distancing of six feet or more and the wearing of a face mask by all participants.
2020 GUIDED NATURE TOUR DATES
This tour is limited to 10 people so pre-registration is required.
|9 a.m.||Open to Public|
|9 a.m.||Open to Public|
|Additional dates for public tours to be announced soon!|
Download an App!
For an even more in-depth experience, download the iNaturalist (Apple, Google) or Seek (Apple, Google) mobile apps before your tour and help our staff gather data about wildlife in the Park. Reserve your spot today, and join us on this fresh new take on a park outing!
Know before you go tips:
- Masks are required. The tour will be socially-distanced along the route where possible.
- For safety and to provide an optimal experience, this tour is limited to 10 guests.
- Suggested items to bring: water, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellant, walking/hiking shoes and rain gear if necessary. Please dress for the weather!
- This tour is “rain or shine”; however, if severe weather is forecasted the tour will be cancelled. You will be able to reschedule for a different date, subject to availability.
- Please do NOT overestimate your physical ability — this tour is an approximately 1/3-mile walk on both flat ground and slight hills/elevations.
- Bathroom facilities will be available at the beginning and conclusion of the Tour.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Wheeled vehicles (bicycles, strollers, wheelchairs, etc) are not permitted.
- The tour is suitable for kids that are able to walk (or ride in a backpack!) ⅓ mile on the Trail. The content is more geared towards adults and children 10 and up but all ages are welcome! If you want something to engage your younger mariners in the Park and on the Noland Trail, check out our Pirate Scavenger Hunt or Tree ID Walk activities you can use to explore the Park and Noland Trail. (link: https://www.marinersmuseum.org/activities/)
- All Park guests are asked to practice a “Leave No Trace” approach to basic outdoor etiquette that leaves sites as you found them:
- Do not litter; please remove all trash
- Take photos of plants/flowers, but please do not pick
- Do not harm natural areas or vandalize outdoor spaces
- Visitors are required to observe all applicable Museum, city, state, and federal rules, regulations, and laws.
Support the Park
With your help, we can ensure that the Park and Noland Trail receive the care they need so that this remarkable urban oasis continues to be a free community resource for many generations to come! Donate