Last Chance for $1 Admission This Summer!
Now through Labor Day!
The Mariners’ Museum and Park seeks to unite people.Through the stories told in the Museum’s world-class collection, guests are encouraged to explore their own history and discover their story to see how we are all connected to the water and, through the water, each other. Admission to the Museum will be reduced to $1 per person for the entire summer to engage as many people as possible because, through our shared maritime heritage, we are one community.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES IN THE GALLERIES
- Navigators will be available throughout the Museum to show off artifacts not on display and answer questions.
- Gallery Talks led by Museum curators in Speed and Innovation in the America’s Cup.
- Conservation Talks in the USS Monitor Center with Museum conservators.
- LEGO Shipbuilding in the Ship Model Gallery — Come aboard, all young model makers, and build your own ship!
- Duck Decoys: History and Art Afloat in The International Small Craft Center
- Clash of Armor — See what it was like aboard the USS Monitor in Clash of Armor, and touch an actual piece of coal from the ship!
- Buoyancy: Does your boat float? — See how hull design make a difference in how the ship floats!
- The Mariners’ Museum Park and Noland Trail — What type of animals and trees are on the trail? Can you eat a tree cookie? No!
- Comparison of Catamarans: Ancient and New Age — Take a look at different catamarans and how they’ve changed over time, like the boats sailed by ancient Polynesian voyagers or America’s Cup sailors!
- Throughout the summer, there will be raffles to win one of two 18″ dolls from either the Polynesian Voyagers exhibition or Speed and Innovation in the America’s Cup!
Groups of 10 or more are required to book in advance, whether participating in a program, guided tour, or simply coming to the Museum for the $1 admission. This allows groups to gain quick admission to the Museum and is required to prevent back-up in the general admission line.
To book a group tour, please contact Bree Kitchens, Group Sales Coordinator, at (757) 591-7731 or bkitchens@MarinersMuseum.org.
$1 admission was made possible, in part, by:
Thank you also to our Media Mission Supporters!