Here at the Monitor Conservation Lab, we believe that we have created the smallest paper origami USS Monitor in existence. See photo below. We are now challenging all of you to make the smallest Monitor that you can. Send us a picture of your creation and at the beginning of July we’ll do a blog post showing the submissions, and the winner of the “USS Monitor Lab Choice Award”. The winner of this award will be contacted and sent a small Monitor-themed prize. See contest instructions below.
- You must use the posted instructions to fold the USS Monitor. Instructions are located here: Folding the USS Monitor
- You may not use tape, staples or any adhesive to hold your Monitor together.
- Your Monitor must be made from paper.
- The photo of your Monitor must include something to show scale.
- Your submission must be received by June 30, 2013.
- Email your photo, along with your name as you would like it to appear on the blog, to [email protected] and include Origami Monitor in the subject line.
We look forward to seeing a fleet of Monitors.
Our Monitor with a penny.