Designed for children ages 5 to 12, Lil’ Mariners’ Play Zone replaces the previous play area where a wooden play ship once stood and now offers more engaging activities that encourage imagination and interactive play. Built from sustainable resources in Mariners’ Park, the play area is located near the Museum’s Business Entrance. Young mariners will enjoy discovery and connection through hop-scotch, an “endless” tunnel, climbing frames, mazes, balance beams, swings, and other unique activities.
“Dominion Energy has been a strong strategic partner over the years, working with us to ensure that our forest, lake, and wildlife are protected, sustainable, and a benefit to our community,” Sabrina Jones, Museum director of strategic partnerships, said. “We are thrilled to be adding another highlight for our families this summer.”
- This area is for children 5 to 12 years of age.
- Adult supervision is required.
- Play at your own risk.
- Please take care when using equipment:
- Splinters are possible, as this playground is made from Mariners’ Park trees.
- Equipment may be slippery when wet.
- Equipment may cause burns when hot.
This play area is made possible through a grant from Dominion Energy, which also donated time, talent, and materials to build this community resource.