This is a full time position with a salary range of $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience. This position is located in Newport News, VA and is not eligible for remote work.
The Web Developer supports the Museum’s websites. This includes site maintenance ranging from cloud hosting to updating content. In addition, the position will maintain a web roadmap detailing upgrades, redesigns and new projects. This position will be responsible for executing this roadmap.
- Work collaboratively with departments and contractors on current and new web based projects.
- Develop new designs based on specifications, secure approvals, convert to functional, responsive, templates, pages or sites.
- Produce efficient and clean coding, striving to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Support existing web stacks and websites with troubleshooting, bug resolution, software updates, backups, content updates and new functionality.
- Propose and execute ways to increase efficiencies and move towards industry best practices.
- Maintain task list and project roadmap
- Maintain a positive work environment and be customer needs oriented
- Help maintain healthy SEO with the most current development techniques
- Use analytics to report site usage and inform design decisions
- Review code developed by outside contractors for quality and adherence to design specifications
- Document code and keep code repository current.
- Keep coding and technical skills up-to-date.
- Maintain an eye for design, simplicity and detail
- Keep Mobile-first design and responsive code deeply ingrained in your development process
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical roles.
- Creative thinker that is great with troubleshooting
- Takes ownership in the projects and has Strong project management skills
- Great attention to detail and quality, and a passion for design
- Ability to learn new technical skills as needed
- Hosting setup and maintenance using CPanel and Web Host Manager
- Attention to detail and an eye for UI / UX concepts and designs
- SEO Optimization
- Google Analytics
- Github Repository
- Adobe Creative Suite
Education and Experience:
- Education, Licensures and Certifications a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of WordPress Development is required.
- A link to portfolio of best work is required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be available to work during non-traditional business hours as needed.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen prior to employment.