Our talented team of Museum educators are committed to providing an engaging experience that brings SOL-related content to life for your students. We bring passion and energy to each program to ensure the highest level of impact and retention. To learn more about this program, click on one of the format options listed below.
Choose your experience:
Duration: 90 minutes
Native pollinators and plants are just some of the spectacular living things that make up the Mariners’ Park ecosystem! In this program, students will transform into nature explorers and study the wonders of Mariners’ Park. Sensory engagement will guide the students through the Bumblebee Learning Garden. Students will observe pollinators and plants in their native habitat, along with colors, shapes, and textures around them. The insect excitement continues with playing a game that highlights why plants need certain pollinators and reading a book about insect pollinators! Art mixes with science when students are tasked with creating an art piece that shows how they fit into the ecosystem with pollinators and plants.
- Explore how ecosystems are full of many complex relationships between living and non-living things, including pollinators and plants,
- Discover that we can use our senses to investigate our surroundings, and
- Gain knowledge about the role humans play in protecting our ecosystems by planting native plants and conserving natural resources like soil and water.
Science (VDOE 2018):
- Elementary: 2.4 (a, b), 2.5 (a, b, c), 2.7 (a, c), 2.8 (b), 3.4 (a,b), 3.5 (a,b), 3.6 (a,b), 3.7, 3.8
Next Generation Science Standards:
- Elementary: 2-LS4-1; 3-LS4-3
VA Fine Arts SOLs:
- Elementary: 2.1 (a, b), 2.2 (a, b), 2.12, 2.15, 3.1 (a, b), 3.2 (a, b, c), 3.7, 3.11, 3.12, 3.14
Payment can be made before the program, or we can invoice following your program.
- Programs at the Museum are $4.50 per student.
All adults accompanying a field trip are free.
- Programs at your location are $4.50 per student.
- Virtual education programs are $125 per program.
Reservations are required for all programs and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Programs fill quickly in the fall and spring, so make your reservations a minimum of two weeks in advance.
Need some questions answered?
Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have, or recommend the best program for your class.
Call or email our Education team: