2022 Highlights Year-End Video
Experience the impact you made on those we serve in our local, national, and global community. Our many accomplishments this year would not have been possible without YOU! Thank you.
We look forward to a strong, resilient 2023 with you and our world of champions by our side!
If you are passionate about Cultural Heritage Conservation, USS Monitor Conservation, Education, Library, Mariners’ Park and Lake, the Noland Trail, or a different area, we encourage you to explore our giving areas. Invest where you would like to make a difference!
Because of you…
- Lil’ Mariners’ Play Zone opened
- 700 6th-graders paddled on Mariners’ Lake
- New Accessible kayak launch
- 1,400 9th-graders planted eel grass in the Lake
- Exploration gallery reimagined
- $6M+ in new gifts to the endowment
- Expanded & renovated Conservation workroom
- 75% of student programs were free
- 500 sq ft of Wet Lab footprint reclaimed
- Endowment grew from $0 to $14M in 5 years
- Newly renovated & accessible boat launch
- Our Team grew to more than 100 staff members
- 1st Boats on Mariners’ Lake in over a decade
- Progress on large USS Monitor artifacts
- High-capacity events returned to Museum & Park
- Launched prototype early childhood programs
- Launched B-WET with NN Public Schools & NOAA
- Free transportation to Museum for 1,500 students
- Another mile of the Noland Trail resurfaced
- New MarinersMuseum.org website launched
- 58 volunteers joined us in serving the community
- Social media reach increased 20%
- Added state-of-the-art technology to Clean Lab
- 1.25M+ views on Beyond the Frame
- 650,000 visitors to our Age of Ex website
- Noland Trail endowment grew by $200K
- Digitized Peter Ifland navigational collection
- 1.25 miles of fiber optic cables run to improve wifi
- Online global community grew 15%
- 17,350 volunteer hours donated
- and so much more!
Where Needed Most
Contribute to the area of greatest need.
Help us build the future generation.
The Mariners’ Park
Preserve today, and inspire forever.
USS Monitor Conservation
Be a part of the largest project of its kind.
Support access to crucial resources.
Cultural Heritage Conservation
Celebrate our shared history and conserve our Collections.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss different ways to support the Museum, please get in touch with Luisa A. Vázquez-López at (757) 591-7705 or [email protected].