Our talented team of Museum educators are committed to providing an engaging experience that brings SOL-related content to life for your students. We bring passion and energy to each program to ensure the highest level of impact and retention. To learn more about this program, click on one of the format options listed below.
Choose your experience:
Duration: 45 minutes
Leaving England for the New World, the Pilgrims sailed across the ocean on their small ship the Mayflower. Join us in learning about life on board the Mayflower and its journey across the Atlantic. Students will learn about the Pilgrims and their life in America, what inspired them to celebrate the first Thanksgiving, and how the Wampanoag people were essential to their survival. Students will have an opportunity to make a story bracelet inspired by Wampanoag wampum belts so they will be able to tell others about the Thanksgiving story.
Most of our virtual education programs are scheduled through ZOOM Cloud-based video conferencing. ZOOM is free to use and requires minimal equipment. For more information, please visit: https://zoom.us/
- Gain a better understanding of the origins and story of the first Thanksgiving,
- Learn about what life was like onboard the Mayflower, and
- Explore the importance of the Wampanoag and how they aided in the Pilgrims’ survival.
History (VDOE 2023)
- Elementary: Skills KG (a-i); K.1 (a-e); K.2 (e); K.6; K.8 (a-b); Skills 1 (a-i); 1.1 (a-c); 1.2 (e); 1.6 (a); 1.8 (a, b, e); Skills 2 (a-i); 2.1 (b); 2.3 (e); 2.5 (a, d); 2.6; 2.13 (a-d)
Common Core Standards:
- Elementary: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.: K.2, K.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.9, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5,2.6, 2.7, 2.9, 2.10, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.9, 3.10
Payment can be made before the program, or we can invoice following your program.
- Programs at the Museum are $4.50 per student.
All adults accompanying a field trip are free.
- Programs at your location are $4.50 per student.
- Virtual education programs are $125 per program.
Reservations are required for all programs and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Programs fill quickly in the fall and spring, so make your reservations a minimum of two weeks in advance.
Need some questions answered?
Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have, or recommend the best program for your class.
Call or email our Education team: