Included in $1 admission. FREE for Mariners’ Museum Members.
Want to learn how to kayak, but not sure where to start?
Bring your family for an exciting day of adventure and learning! Get hands-on knowledge about this fun water activity, including the opportunity to take a kayak out on the water, and learn about our beloved Mariners’ Lake!
Rain or shine, it will be a fun-filled day creating “Love Your Lake” memories with your family!
About the event:
Embark on an aquatic adventure at The Mariners’ as you and your family discover the joy of kayaking and the wonders of Mariners’ Lake! This family-friendly event is great for beginners (ages 3 years and older weighing at least 30 pounds) to learn the basics of paddling and gain confidence using a kayak, which includes an opportunity to take one out on the water.*
Join us for a day of discovery filled with engaging and educational activities about the wonders of The Mariners’ Lake, its Living Collection, and more:
IN THE GALLERIES
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Critters that live in Mariners’ Lake
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: An enviroscape demonstration, scavenger hunts in the Museum and International Small Craft Center, flower or leaf pressing activity, and more!
- 11 a.m.: Story time
- 12 – 2 p.m.: Fishing game with NOAA
AT THE LAKE
- Paddling 101 instructions.
- Group kayak sessions are at 10 a.m., 12 p.m., and 2 p.m. and each participant must be pre-registered.*
Come create “Love Your Lake” and #iamaMariner connections with us!
This is a rain or shine event.
*There will be limited spots for walk-ins on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each session is one hour, and in a group setting with our experienced Lake team. Session times are 10 a.m., 12 p.m., and 2 p.m.
Kayaking on the water is dependent upon weather conditions.