Our talented team of Museum educators are committed to providing an engaging experience that brings SOL-related content to life for your students. We bring passion and energy to each program to ensure the highest level of impact and retention. To learn more about this program, click on one of the format options listed below.
Choose your experience:
Duration: 60 minutes
In this program, preschool students will apply foundational math skills such as number recognition, one-to-one correspondence, and subitization to activities in museum galleries. Through songs, games, and a scavenger hunt, students will strengthen their math skills, gain confidence in number recognition, and have fun applying their knowledge in hands-on, educator-led activities!
- Practice number recognition, one-to-one correspondence, and subitization,
- Practice color recognition, and
- Apply visual discrimination in the museum galleries.
- Cognitive Development (CD) 3.1 (c,j,l,m,o)
- CD3.1c: Sings number words in chants or songs
- CD3.1j: Names some numbers when they appear in print
- CD3.1l: Uses own fingers to show a number
- CD3.1m: Instantly recognizes a collection of up to 4 objects (i.e. subitizes)
- CD3.1o: Counts up to 5 objects in a line
Payment can be made before the program, or we can invoice following your program.
- Programs at the Museum are $4.50 per student.
All adults accompanying a field trip are free.
- Programs at your location are $4.50 per student.
- Virtual education programs are $125 per program.
Reservations are required for all programs and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Programs fill quickly in the fall and spring, so make your reservations a minimum of two weeks in advance.
Need some questions answered?
Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have, or recommend the best program for your class.
Call or email our Education team: